Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Spongebob Cake Pops

My son turned 4 on July 19th and is really into Spongebob these days.  I'd been really wanting to attempt some character cake pops so this was the perfect opportunity.  I figured of any I could try, Spongebob might be the easiest anyway since he's square.  I did a trial run with just one single pop and realized he needed some work.  So with some adjustments and the use of a little bit of fondant, I created a dozen of these little guys.   They took me hours in total to complete but I think he turned out absolutely adorable.   I wish there was a way to preserve him forever because I would have put one in his keepsake box with the rest of his momentos. 

I'm not sure when I'll attempt my next character, probably not until Camryn's birthday in January.  In the meantime, I'm trying to teach myself the in's and out's of cake decorating.  I have my first trial run in a couple weeks.  I offered to create a cupcake/cake tower for a friends daughters birthday in a ladybug theme.  The top cake will have an actual round cake ladybug and then a couple dozen cupcakes with ladybug decorations that I've already made.  I'll post more on that later. 


1 comment: